4.20.2009

NOT JUST A MENTOR

I BELIEVE THIS GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY 1ST POST ON MADEMONARCHS.COM

His name is MK STALLINGS. He's not just a mentor/friend, but I see him as a brotha from anotha. I met MK (while I was in high school) at Forest Park Community College. He was doing a presentation about hip-hop music. I found this rather interesting considering I'm so into music... and I was feeling what he was talking about. Ever since that day MK and I have been cool. He's a BIG HELP for me while I undergo these long college yrs. He too was a sociology major so when I need help in that area or when it comes to writing, he is MOS DEF THE GO TO GUY...f*ck the writing lab...HE is the writing lab in my eyes....LOL. MK is also a poet. He has a book coming out THIS MAY titled "AFROSCRIBE" ... so plz....PLZ GO OUT and GET THAT!! check mkstallings.com for more info about the book as well as THE MAN HIMSELF.


Here is a piece by MK that I thought was ILL

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

right on man, mk is the shit. i kinda miss the dreads sometimes though.
-mike-